I love to use PHPStorm but it uses so much memory and it's so hard to work on windows as everything freezes because of this IDE.
After some tweaks it now uses so much less memory and is super fast. So to increase performance of PHPStorm, I had to follow these steps:
- File -> Settings -> Language injections.
- Disabled few language injections.
- File -> Settings -> Inspections.
- Disabled few inspections
- File -> Settings -> Plugins.
- Disabled few plugins that I don't really need now but I can enable if I need in future.
- And updated
- C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PhpStorm 10.0.3\bin\PhpStorm.exe.vmoptions
or follow this article not to touch core location
Which now looks like:
-server -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=350m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=240m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=50 -ea -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=lcd -Dawt.java2d.opengl=true
That's how I speedup my PHPStorm IDE. Let me know if you know more tricks.